Friday, July 1, 2016

Steampunk Characters - Part 1

This is what I found as to the history of Steampunk from the internet.


Steampunk, before it became the full-blown sub-culture it is today, started out as a science-fiction sub-genre in the 1970s. Its fundamental inspirations go all the way back to 19th century Victorian writers, such as Jules Verne. Their tales of steam-powered dirigibles and Victorian-age settings have inspired, a century later, an aesthetically motivated and imaginatively driven alternative history in which the technology of the Victorian age reigns supreme over that of modern technology. 

These two young ladies were together at Comicon and they were gracious enough to pose in two different locations for me.




Other Steampunkers.









I am new to the world of anime, comicon, and cosplay, so if I try to identify a character and get it wrong, please cut me some slack. Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment